The best way to pay your rent is to pay online. Paying rent online saves you the time and hassle of bringing a rent check to the office, assists you in paying on time and is the most secure, accurate and efficient payment method.
Simply use the Paypal payment submission below and follow the prompts to make a single payment or set up recurring payments each month to ensure your rent will always be paid on time by the due date!
B-D Homes and/or the owner of the rental home you lease are responsible for:
Ensuring the rental property is clean, safe, and ready for occupancy
Re-keying all doors leading to the outside for security
Complying with state and federal laws pertaining to required detectors in the home
Providing residents with a copy of applicable rules
Before you begin:
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT'S REQUIRED TO APPLY TO RENT?
- Each adult (18yrs and older) applicant must apply and each must pay a $40 application fee. Valid ID required.
- You will need to submit proof of income (pay stubs or tax returns) showing all adults combined monthly income totals at least 2.5 - 3x's monthly rent.
- You will need to provide 2 years of accurate landlord references (note: per FACTA Identity Theft regulations, we report false landlord references to credit bureaus and local law authorities).
- If you have pets, a digital photo of you with your pet(s) must be submitted. You may send photos to email@example.com or upload them during your application.
WHAT WOULD REQUIRE ADDITIONAL REVIEW OR POTENTIALLY LEAD TO DENIAL?
If we find evictions, unpaid balances due to landlords, credit score beneath 550, insufficient income, unsatisfactory references, felonies and recent bankruptcies. Unqualified occupants and/or certain breeds of pets can also be a reason for the decline.
IF MY CREDIT ISN'T PERFECT, CAN I STILL BE APPROVED?
Applicants with good credit/income/references will be approved at the security deposit amount published in the listing. Those with less than perfect credit can be approved at up to a double security deposit. You are not required to pay the last month’s rent at move in.
WHAT IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS ON THE SAME PROPERTY?
B & D Homes Bakersfield evaluates every application in the following manner:
- ONLY COMPLETE Applications are processed in the order that they are received
- Applications without a specified property will be run and the application status, if successful, will include the maximum rent for which applicants qualify
- Once applications are FULLY processed, successful applicants are notified that they are eligible to rent. More than one applicant may be notified if there are multiple qualified applicants. A deposit equivalent to one month rent will hold the property for up to 30 days subject to B & D Homes Bakersfield Holding Deposit Agreement. All initial funds must be in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or credit card (convenience fee applies). Neither Cash nor Personal Checks are accepted for deposit.
IS THE APPLICATION FEE REFUNDABLE?
In order to evaluate the various applications, it is necessary for B & D Homes Bakersfield to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative costs. Hence, our policy that the application fee is NON-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee.
APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER THEY WERE RECEIVED. PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TO VERIFY HOW MANY APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY PENDING FOR A SPECIFIC PROPERTY AND IF ANY ADDITIONAL CRITERIA IS REQUIRED FOR SPECIFIC PROPERTIES NOT CURRENTLY DISCLOSED ONLINE.